Telunas beach is just 1.5 hours from Batam (3+ hours from Singapore). Just think, in just over three hours you can leave Singapore on an adventure that will take you to your own secluded beach sanctuary. Here’s how you’ll get there!
From the the Harbor Front Ferry Terminal in Singapore, take a ferry to Sekupang, Batam.
- SINDO Ferries (formerly Penguin): email@example.com
- BatamFast Ferry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon entering the ferry terminal you’ll need to go through Immigration. After you pass through immigration and customs, here are your transportation options:
1. ICI staff will pick you up from Sekupang Ferry Terminal, Batam and escort you to our traditional Melayu Fishing Boat to start your adventure to Telunas Beach Resort. Cost: S$275+ one-way (up to 28 people). Departure time is flexible (departure available from morning to 5 pm, daily).
2. ICI staff will meet you when you get off the international ferry from Singapore at Sekupang Ferry Terminal, Batam and help you board a local ferry which will take you to a village near Telunas Beach Resort where our boat will pick you up and escort you to Telunas. Cost: S$35+ one-way/person.
- Departure time is dependent on ferry schedules which are subject to change at any time.
- Sekupang, Batam to Telunas Beach Resort: 11.30am (please take the 10.00am ferry from Singapore to arrive on time).
- Telunas to Sekupang, Batam: 8am (connecting to the 11.20am ferry to Singapore).
Price does not include 10% government tax.
Local ferry (water bus) is operated by an indepentent Indonesian operator. Telunas Beach makes no claims for safety, service, or reliability of local ferries. Please be advised that during holidays and peak travel periods, the local ferry can be overcrowded and exceed capacity.
What to Bring
- Sun Screen & Sun Glasses. Located a mere 1/2 degree North of the equator, Telunas Beach has plenty of one thing: Sun.
- Water shoes/sandals: For the safety of our guests, we encourage anyone who will be swimming in shallow water to wear some sort of shoe or sandal for the unexpected ocean wildlife.
- For those who want to participate in some of the more adventurous activities, please be sure to bring suitable clothing. Closed toed shoes and socks are required for Jungle Hiking/Trekking. Long pants and bug spray are also recommended.
- Not a lot! One of our goals at Telunas is to simplify life. We encourage guests not to bring too much.
- Like s’mores and cheesy omelettes? Learn about some additional travel tips from our blog.
What to Expect
- Simplicity! Telunas Beach is a rustic resort. Although we are equipped with running water, electricity, ceiling fans, toilets, and other such conveniences, in general our goal is to give our guests an experience that helps bring them back to a simpler time.
- Fun! Come ready to enjoy your time, no matter what the activity.
- Relaxation! Find a break from your busy and hectic life! No phones ore email to bother you. (Telunas Beach does have a cell signal in case it is necessary)
- Seclusion! We are over an hour away from Batam Island in Indonesia, and the nearest village is a 15 minute boat ride. You will be able to enjoy peace of mind in your own private, secluded resort.
- Adventure & Challenge! For those seeking a more thrilling experience, come prepared to experience the adventure and challenge offered by many of the activities at Telunas Beach.
- Sea Food! With facilities located over the water, most of our meals incorporate some sort of Sea Food. Come prepared to eat to your hearts delight. (Please advise ICI staff prior to your arrival of any food related allergies)
- Wind-conditioning: Our unique over-water design allows for natural cooling. While there is no AC, we think you’ll find it quite comfortable with a mix of fans, well-ventilated rooms, and opening windows as desired.
Current Immigration Rules
VISA ON ARRIVAL (VOA)
Visa On Arrival can be obtained at Sekupang Ferry Terminal or the other Ferry Terminals on Batam. It is valid for a maximum stay of 30 (thirty) days, and is given to citizens from countries that can apply VOA for leisure visit to Indonesia . You will need to present at the port of entry the following requirements:
1. Original valid passport for more than 6 (six) months from the date of arrival in Indonesia,
2. An exit ferry ticket or on-going ticket,
3. A fee of $10.00 US for 7 (seven) days or $25.00 US for 30 (thirty) days.
LIST OF 11 COUNTRIES THAT ARE EXEMPTED FROM ENTRY VISA TO INDONESIA
Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Hong Kong (SAR), Macau, Malaysia, Morocco, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
At ICI we take your safety seriously. That is why in all that we do at Telunas Beach, we go the extra step to ensure that it is done safely and securely. Our comprehensive 24 hour security staff ensures that our guests arrive and spend their time at a location that is not only fun and enjoyable, but safe. In addition, at Telunas Beach major activities have been assessed using our Risk Management Matrix and everything is done in such a way as to provide a safe atmosphere for both guests and staff. So, whether it is life jackets in the boat, a compass in the jungle, or secondary safety lines on the Ropes Course, you can be assured that you will enjoy the safest environment around.